TRAINING OF TRAINER FOR WOMEN IDP
The main aim of this program is to counsel women that have been distressed and tortured as a result of the insurgency in the north east, with particular focus In Borno state, enhance trust/relationship and more.
To achieve this, a two day training of trainer for women IDP on trauma counseling was conducted from 29th – 30th April, 2016 at Barwee Luxury suit, Maiduguri, Borno State.
The program which focused on Trauma Counseling is an exclusive women training counseling activity of TOLERANCE which brought 26 women and caregivers from various IDP camps which include, CAN Centre, DCC, Shagari low cost, NYSC, Dalori, Goni Kashallari, Bakassi, and Sanda kyarimi of Maiduguri, Borno State.
Activities engaged in during the training include:
· Understanding key needs of distressed and traumatized persons.
· Understanding trauma counseling techniques
· Breaking trauma cycle
· Rediscovering and strengthening inner strength and healing inner injury, amongst other activities, were used to drive the process.
The above mentioned activities are expected to provide participants with practical skills and techniques to retrain IDP and reposition the brain to function properly, heal inner injury and cope with trauma triggers to support children, adolescent, women widows in the camp and hoped to collaborative with other NGOs, CSOs that will assist inachieving the overall goal.
SOME OUTCOMES INCLUDE:
· Great local and international media presence
· Formation and inauguration of women trauma counseling committee made up of 12 counselors.
· Participants established commitment in stepping down the program in their various communities.
· Participants opened up to share their stories and experience
· An Interview of Pastor and Imam by VOA Hausa.
Participants, Imam, Pastor, other IMC staff and facilitators in a group photograph after the meeting in Maiduguri