Community Peace Action Network Activities week 4
August 21, 2016
- The Sokoto State Police Command reported the murder of four persons at Old Airport community of Sokoto North, Sokoto State
- The Department of State Services has arrested a man known as Mudashiru Jibrin in Kano state. He is reported to be the new spiritual leader of the Boko Haram sect
- Eight persons were killed and a house burnt after violence erupted over alleged blasphemy against Islam by a student of Abdu Gusau Polytechnic, Talata-Mafara, Zamfara State
- Troops of 33 Brigade of the Nigerian Army have killed 3 armed kidnappers and destroyed their camps in Bauchi State
August 22, 2016
- Suspected herdsmen attacked Ningon village, killing 2 persons and injured 1. The incidence occurred in Sanga Local Government Area of Kaduna State.
- A man was caught by community members in Sokoto North Local Government Area of Sokoto state for sexually assaulting a 6 year old boy who he held captive for 8..
August 23, 2016
- A lawmaker in Kaduna State House of Assembly, representing Tudun Wada constituency was kidnapped by unknown kidnappers in Abakpa area of Kaduna South, Kadun
August 24, 2016
- A member of the Kaduna State House of Assembly, Ibrahim Ismail, who was abducted from his residence was released by his abductors
- The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps in Borno state have arrested a 40-year-old man for allegedly raping a 13 year old Internally Displaced Person in Colori IDP camp, Borno state
- A Fulani herdsman, Abubakar Usman has been arrested in Pategi, Kwara State for allegedly killing his 65-year-old mother, Khadijat, and his brother’s wife, Ramatu Shagari, aged 35
- FIDEI Polytechnic Gboko in Benue State has been shut down indefinitely following alleged killing of two students and injuring of two police officers and a student by suspected cultists known as SHAWA. Six vehicles and 4 other properties were destroyed.
- Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) also known as Shiite groupprotested in Kaduna demanding the immediate and unconditional release of their leader Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky currently in detention with DSS.
August 28 2016
- A man was shot dead on his farm by unidentified gunmen at Gada Biyu, Godogodo in Jema’a local government area of Kaduna State.
- Two young men were kidnapped by 20 Fulani gunmen when they attacked Kaku – Layi village of Ligari, Chikun local government area of Kaduna State.