CPAN September Report ( week 4)
September 28, 2016
· 24 suspected commercial sex workers were arrested by the Kano State Hisbah Board in Sabon-Gari community of Kano state
· The Bauchi State Government has promised to resettle thousands of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in locations and communities of their choice across the state
October 2, 2016
· The two wives of a community member that was kidnapped in Kaku-layi village, Chikun local government of Kaduna state have been released after the family paid a ransom of one million naira
· There was tension between Muslim and Christian residents off Kigo Road in Kaduna. Report received show that the tension was because a new sign post named “Nasiru El-Rufai Avenue” was said to have been mounted by Kigo community leaders ostensibly in appreciation of the Kaduna State construction and tarring of the road but this sparked concerns among the Christian residents who insisted that the street name “Church Lane” has been registered with Local Government. CPAN is investigation this development and will give an update.
October 3, 2016
· Five armed herdsmen killed a farmer on his farm because he tried to stop their cows from grazing there. This incidence occurred in Tenam community, Tafawa Balewa Local Government Area of Bauchi state
· Five kidnappers were killed by the Nigerian police authority in Dutsen Makurdi, Ningi Local Government Area of Bauchi after a fierce gun battle between the kidnappers and the police
· A former minister of environment Laurentia Mallam and her husband were abducted by kidnappers along Bwari-Jere road in Kaduna state. They were rescued at Jere on Wednesday 5 October through the effort of the security operatives
· In its effort to rid Kaduna state of drug addicts, armed police men raided kigo junction arresting 5 drug sellers and addicts.
October 5 2016
· The district head of Agwa village in Nassarawa community Kaduna state received a message by kidnappers threatening to attack his domain.
· A house wife filled a case at Sharia Court Magajin Gari in Kaduna state to have full custody of her six children after her husband impregnated their 13 year old daughter.